Notice


Disclaimer
This website does not contain copyrighted material.
See the sticky "All Archives" post to read more.

Notice
Should you encounter any issues with the website please give me a note via email using the "contact form" below
. In such cases please do not comment on the posts.

Update
"Phase 2" is over and I'm taking a break. My equipment (soundcard, cartridge and pc) needs to be upgraded.

Saturday, 27 October 2012

Beatles - Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You (1962) [50th Anniversary Reissue single]

Artist: The Beatles
Single: Love Me Do
Year of Release: 2012
Country: Europe
Label: MPL Communications
Catalogue numbers: 5099901740172A/5099901740172B
Matrix codes: BC91232-01 A1 | 0174017 // BC88258-01 B1 | 0174017



[Tracklisting]
1. Love Me Do (Ringo version) 2:23
2. P.S. I Love You 2:03

Archive (RAR password: mccannonlabs)

[Review]
When the Beatles signed to EMI in 1962 they recorded "Love Me Do" twice at the company's Abbey Road studios in London.
On September 4th, the song was recorded, with George Martin producing, featuring Ringo Starr on drums. A week later, on September 11th, George Martin produced another version of the song, which this time featured session drummer, Andy White, and with Ringo playing tambourine. This record featuring Ringo on drums was pressed and released on the Parlophone label. It was this record which eventually charted and reached number 17 in the UK charts on December 29th, 1962, but was subsequently replaced by the Andy White version following a decision to include the latter on the "Please Please Me" album.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice thank you!

John said...

Sounds great.

Thanks!

Audioarchivist said...

Maybe I missed an announcement or something - I'm not too sure - but the hi-res version is kaput at RS:Error

ERROR: Share invalid. (735d42ea)

If a re-up is possible somewhere (else?) I'd be really happy. Cheers!

McCannon said...

Hello Audioarchivist,
the problem has been fixed.
Thank you.

Cheers
---McCannon

jpgrcat said...

Need to Re-up the Hi-Res, if you Can, Thanx

McCannon said...

@j gardy
Re-upped.
Cheers
---McCannon

McCannon said...

Both files have been re-upped.
---McCannon