Notice


Disclaimer
This website does not contain copyrighted material.
See the sticky "All Archives" post to read more.

Notice
Should you encounter any issues with the website please give me a note via email using the "contact form" below
. In such cases please do not comment on the posts.

Update
"Phase 2" is over and I'm taking a break. My equipment (soundcard, cartridge and pc) needs to be upgraded.

Sunday, 21 September 2014

Scott McCarl - In Love Without a Girl/This Boy (1997) [US single]

Artist: Scott McCarl
Single: In Love Without a Girl/This Boy

Year of Release: 1997
Country: USA
Label: Titan
Catalogue number: 1425



[Tracklisting]
1. In Love Without a Girl 3:11
2. This Boy 3:53

[Review]
Thanks a lot to my friend The Fool for providing the record and the artwork scans.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks. You didn't say in the description, but looking at Discogs, I'm guessing the B-side is vinyl-exclusive (never on CD)?

Never heard of this guy before, but power pop? I suppose I might try this out.

-Vic

Anonymous said...

Sorry to bug you again, McCannon, but I listened to the B-side and it sounds... quite odd, as if it was suffering from some wow or pitch-flutter/variation. Is your copy like this or is it in the recording?

-Vic

McCannon said...

@Vic
"This Boy" is not vinyl-exclusive, it was relased on a compilation called "Shake Some Action: The Ultimate Power Pop Guide" (book and CD).

My rip is under investigation (it seems like the record hole is too large and might have caused off-centre issues), maybe I'll do a new transfer.

Thank you for your comments.
---McCannon

FLA said...

Scott McCarl was a member of the the band 'The Raspberries'.

At the time this 45 was released - 'This Boy' was only exclusive to this format. It hadn't been released on CD. Just recently in 2011 - 'This Boy' has received release on an obscure CD released by Bruce Brodeen from Pop Geek Heaven (formerly Not Lame Recordings) print run was something like 250.

The CD is mega rare and this vinyl is a good way to hear Scott McCarl's version!

Anonymous said...

Mccannon,

Sorry for the late reply, I was quite busy this week. Anyways, thanks for informing me about that compilation, seems like quite a few number of tracks got a first-time digital release with that. Appears that "This Boy" was already limited and just brought down a few decibels, however :(

Anyways, though, I did compare the two (and your earlier YouTube link, I did see it before!), and your rip DOES appear to suffer a bit from some wobble, not just at the end, but also the beginning, too. Can't wait to see your update, and once again thanks for informing me about that comp.

Cheers,
Vic

McCannon said...

@Vic and @all
"This Boy" has been re-ripped, cleaned and upped.
I'd suggest you get the new rar files.
Thanks Vic for your help.

cheers
---McCannon