Notice


Disclaimer
This website does not contain copyrighted material.
See the sticky "All Archives" post to read more.

Notice
Should you encounter any issues with the website please give me a note via email using the "contact form" below
. In such cases please do not comment on the posts.

Update
"Phase 2" is over and I'm taking a break. My equipment (soundcard, cartridge and pc) needs to be upgraded.

Thursday, 16 July 2015

Beatles - A Collection Of Beatles Oldies (1966) [UK stereo -1G/-1G]

Artist: The Beatles
Album: A Collection Of Beatles Oldies [UK stereo]

Year of Release: 1966
Country: UK
Label: Parlophone
Catalogue number: PCS 7016
Matrix codes: YEX 619-1G // YEX 620-1G



[Tracklisting]
1. She Loves You
2. From Me to You
3. We Can Work It Out
4. Help!
5. Michelle
6. Yesterday
7. I Feel Fine
8. Yellow Submarine
9. Can't Buy Me Love
10. Bad Boy
11. Day Tripper
12. A Hard Day's Night
13. Ticket to Ride
14. Paperback Writer
15. Eleanor Rigby
16. I Want to Hold Your Hand

Total running time: 38:56

[Review]
Here you have a transfer from my UK stereo "2-box EMI" copy of "A Collection Of Beatles Oldies" (-1G/-1G). This is a fourth pressing (take into account this is not the best pressing available).
"A Collection of Beatles Oldies (subtitled But Goldies!) is a compilation album featuring a selection of songs by The Beatles recorded between 1963 and 1966. The album was released in the United Kingdom and Australia in both mono (catalogue number PMC 7016) and stereo (PCS 7016). The album only reached No. 7 in the UK album chart, perhaps because most fans already owned most of the tracks on other releases. However, the album continued to sell reasonably well, remained in print for many years, and was only deleted when the compact disc age approached (and made obsolete by the Past Masters compilations). It was also the longest album that the Beatles had released to that point, totalling almost 40 minutes of music." (from wikipedia)

4 comments:

Gramophone said...

Thank you once again for all the work and care you put in each needledrop.
People like you deserve all the respect, not only for the quality of your work, but for sharing these gems with us.

nonameorsurname said...

Great rip!

Thanks, McCannon.

Anonymous said...

Great, I listened this one last weekend and the sound is amazing. I love the running order of this old LP. Thank you very much.

marco.

Anonymous said...

So odd that they didn't include Rain, I'll Get You, Thank You Girl, This Boy, I'm Down, Yes It Is, She's A Woman or anything from the Long Tall Sally EP on this one - might have reached #1 then? Thanks for posting!