Album: The Dream Of The Blue Turtles
Year of Release: 1985
Country: Germany
Label: A&M
Catalogue number: 393 750-1
Matrix codes: 393 750-1S1 // 393 750-1S2

[Tracklisting]
1. If You Love Somebody Set Them Free
2. Love Is The Seventh Wave
3. Russians
4. Children's Crusade
5. Shadows In The Rain
6. We Work The Black Seam
7. Consider Me Gone
8. The Dream Of The Blue Turtles
9. Moon Over Bourbon Street
10. Fortress Around Your Heart
Total running time: 41:30
Archive (Hi-Res only) (RAR password: mccannonlabs)
[Review]
Three reasons why I did this transfer, comparing it to the official CD from 1985:
1) the CD is "inverted" (i.e. in antiphase with the LP)
2) the CD sounds less "natural" in the quiet passages and the transients are less defined, the vinyl "breathes more" to my ears
3) this is the first LP I've ever owned, so I hold a soft spot for it...
17 comments:
Thank you very much for the vinyl rip!
Sounds fantastic! I'll leave it to you're discretion on wether you need to provide a higher res or not. This sounds great to me. And I appreciate the extras as well, the cue, etc. Thank you very much for this rip. Do you have Soul Cages by chance?
thanks
this sounds quite good
@GeddyFlea
I actually have a copy of "Soul Cages" (stolen from my sister's abandoned collection), but I never listened to it.
It's a good album, you should give it a listen.
I vote for a hi-rez version of this album AND Soul Cages! Thanks.
Thanks !
Thank you, mccannon! I'm enjoying your blog.
poorotterted
Thanks for the hi-rez Sting. I hope you do all of your rips in 24-bit/96kHz from now on as well!
oh no! the hi-res files are down. would you please be so kind to reup them? I love this album...
Hello there, I love this album too. Unfortunately the hi-res files expired after 3 months of inactivity... I'll upload them again but not anytime soon. I will notify folks of the upload using the "Latest upload" advertisement.
All the best
---McCannon
thank you for responding, i'll stay posted!
The hi-res files are up now.
Enjoy!
---McCannon
What a surprise, I wasn't expecting this so soon!
Your rips sound so great, thanks a lot for all your effort!
hi-res files are down. would you please be so kind to reup them?
many thanks. Alessandro
@Alessandro
Hi-res file has been re-upped.
cheers
---McCannon
Many thanks.
In download now.
Post a Comment